Oil and gas operators fear a new levy will create "long-lasting uncertainty over future investment".
- How will a recession hit the UK housing market?
- New chancellor Nadhim Zahawi pledges to control rising prices
- Will Nadhim Zahawi change tack on the economy?
- Global inflation: Five ways US rate rise will affect you
- Audit reforms aim to prevent accounting scandals
- Cost of living package will have minimal impact on inflation, says Rishi Sunak
- Warning poorest households are struggling to get £150 energy rebate
- Why the volatile price of aluminium matters
- Cost of living: Labour to call vote on windfall tax for oil and gas companies
- UK set for slowest growth in G7 as Ukraine war hits global economy