U.S. prosecutors said onWednesday the former chief executive of Longfin Corphas been indicted for engineering an accounting fraud thatinflated the revenue ofthe now-defunct cryptocurrency companyby more than $66 million.
- Column: Hedge funds sell oil as global economy deteriorates
- Central bankers face political shocks, and hope to avoid the worst
- Would you accept a loss to keep your money safe?
- UPDATE 4-General Electric fortifies defense against charges of bogus accounting
- Kuwait sovereign fund in portfolio shift on signs of global economic weakness -report
- UK jobs data shows strong economic fundamentals - Javid
- UK shares in the red as risk aversion prevails
- UPDATE 1-Steinhoff looks to sell off assets after $7 billion accounting fraud
- UK economy shrinks for the first time since 2012
- Burford Capital considers share buyback after Muddy Waters short attack