Banking in Britain paid 40 billion pounds intaxesinthe last financial year with half from foreign lenders, underscoring the need for a government rethink on taxes to keep London competitive after Brexit, UK Finance said on Wednesday.
- Coronavirus: Energy firms permitted to chase unpaid bills again
- UPDATE 3-Bank of England slows bond purchases as it sees some recovery signs
- Coronavirus: Bank pumps £100bn into UK economy to aid recovery
- What is quantitative easing and how will it affect you?
- Powell repeats Fed to use full range of tools to aid economy
- WRAPUP 2-U.S. homebuilding rises moderately; jump in permits hints at green shoots
- U.S. pulled out of talks on digital services taxes - Lighthizer
- UPDATE 1-U.S. pulled out of talks on digital services taxes -Lighthizer
- UK inflation hits four-year low on oil price fall, COVID impact
- UPDATE 1-Polish central bank warns of coronavirus credit risk