U.S. consumer sentiment rose unexpectedlyin early May after a record plunge a month earlier as emergencyassistance payments improved household finances hurt by masslayoffs from the coronavirus crisis, a survey released on Fridayshowed.
- Bank of England, facing COVID slump, revives negative rates talk
- Coronavirus hits UK households hard again in May - survey
- UPDATE 1-India to spend $13 billion on farm infrastructure fund
- Coronavirus pushes German economy into recession
- Coronavirus: Uber tells all drivers to wear face masks
- UK leaves coronavirus lifeline for workers in place for four more months
- Turkey will foil financial plotters, Erdogan says
- Coronavirus: Pandemic sends US jobless rate to 14.7%
- Australia shares rise as virus restrictions set to ease; NZ also up
- Coronavirus: What shape will a recession and recovery take?