As stamp duty returns to its pre-pandemic status, there are opposing views over recent tax policy.
- Boohoo sales soar but shipping costs dent profits
- Restaurants warn prices will rise due to VAT hike
- Southeastern stripped of franchise over undeclared funding
- Gas price crisis: Food firms face huge price rise for carbon dioxide
- Amazon pays £492m in UK tax as sales surge to £20.6bn
- Why tax pay packets more and not property?
- Business bosses warn new tax could hit jobs
- US jobs growth disappoints as recovery falters
- South Korea becomes first major Asian economy to raise interest rates
- House prices: Demand changes, not tax waiver, pushed prices up