The increased sales tax will be passed on to customers, say restaurant and bar bosses.
- Stamp duty holiday: Success or failure?
- Boohoo sales soar but shipping costs dent profits
- Southeastern stripped of franchise over undeclared funding
- Gas price crisis: Food firms face huge price rise for carbon dioxide
- E.On boss: Remove green levies to cut energy bills
- Amazon pays £492m in UK tax as sales surge to £20.6bn
- Why tax pay packets more and not property?
- US jobs growth disappoints as recovery falters
- South Korea becomes first major Asian economy to raise interest rates
- US economy adds more jobs than expected in July