The surprise 0.3% drop strengthens predictions that the UK will fall into recession this year.
- Autumn Statement: When is it and how will it affect me?
- Recession looms as UK economy starts to shrink
- Jeremy Hunt: Everyone will have to pay more tax
- US economy resilient despite rising prices
- Shell pays no UK windfall tax despite profits jump
- UK tax and spending plan pushed back by two weeks, says Hunt
- Can Sunak steer economy through crisis?
- Rishi Sunak: What will the new PM mean for my money?
- Google and Microsoft hit by slowing economy
- Pound rises and borrowing costs fall as chancellor moves to calm markets