The basic rate of income tax will fall by 1p from April with most people paying 19p instead of 20p for each pound.
- Trump Organization found guilty of tax crimes after New York trial
- HMRC closes phone lines due to technical fault
- Insulation: Households could save £300 in new insulation scheme
- Autumn Statement: When is it and how will it affect me?
- Recession looms as UK economy starts to shrink
- Jeremy Hunt: Everyone will have to pay more tax
- US economy resilient despite rising prices
- Shell pays no UK windfall tax despite profits jump
- UK tax and spending plan pushed back by two weeks, says Hunt
- Google and Microsoft hit by slowing economy